Kelvin Soto, Esq.
Clerk of the Circuit Court & Comptroller
2 Courthouse Square
Kissimmee, Florida 34741
Phone: (407) 742-3500

  1. Home
  2. >
  3. Child Support

Child Support

This division, in cooperation with the State of Florida Disbursement Unit (SDU), acts as the central depository for receiving, recording, reporting, monitoring and disbursing alimony and child support payments, in accordance with Florida Statutes, Section 61.181. Florida Law also directs that the clerk process liens for nonpayment of support. Additionally, the section processes court cases filed by the Department of Revenue, Office of Child Support Enforcement, and assists the judiciary during related court proceedings.

Child support information may be obtained by dialing the Clerk’s payment line at 407-742-3492 , or by calling the SDU, toll free, at (877) 769-0251. Clients must have their case number and social security number ready. This allows access to payment information 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.

Frequently Asked Questions

  • How can I get child support for my child(ren)?   A court order is required to initiate payment through the Clerk’s Office. You will need to contact a private attorney or the Department of Revenue, Office of Child Support Enforcement for assistance in obtaining a court order.
  • What is the SDU?  The SDU is the State of Florida Disbursement Unit. This unit was established pursuant to recent changes to Section 61.1824, Florida Statutes, and provisions included in the Federal Personal Responsibility and Work Opportunity Reconciliation Act of 1999 (commonly known as the Welfare Reform Act). Under the new system, payments must be sent to the statewide processing unit in Tallahassee, called the State of Florida Disbursement Unit (FLSDU). This unit will process the payments and then issue checks to the receiving families.
  • How long will it take to get my check?   Payments received at the SDU are remitted the following business day. If a payment is made at the local Clerk’s Office, it must be transmitted to the SDU, and therefore the payment is remitted to the recipient the second business day.
  • Do you offer direct deposit?   Yes, for SDU cases only. To have your support payment deposited directly into your bank account, you must complete an authorization form and provide a voided check (for checking accounts) or a voided deposit slip (for savings accounts). Call the Child Support Department or the SDU to request an authorization form.

SDU has a toll-free payment information line. That number is (877) 769-0251

  • The absent parent is behind in the payment of child support. What can I do?   The Clerk’s Office has no enforcement authority. You will need to contact a private attorney, or the Department of Revenue, Office of Child Support Enforcement for assistance.
  • I have a new address or a new name. What do I need to do?   To make changes to the record, our office must receive notice of the change in writing. Always remember to include your case number on any correspondence.
  • How can I get copies of payments made on my case?   Payment records are available at a cost of $1.00 per page. You may submit your request and payment by mail, or come to the office and have the copies made while you wait.