Juvenile Department

Fees and Fines

Delinquency Forms

Dependency Forms

Juvenile Forms


General Information

The jurisdiction of Juvenile Court records include the following cases applicable to a child eighteen (18) years and under:

Dependency: All matters relating to juveniles who have been abandoned, abused, or neglected, surrendered for the purpose of adoption, or who are persistent runaways, habitually truant or ungovernable.

Delinquency: Any person under the age of 18 who has committed a law violation.

See Florida Statute 39.411 and 985.04.

The Juvenile Department is governed by F.S. 39 for Dependency and F.S. 985 for Delinquency.

The Juvenile Department maintains the official records pertaining to all juvenile court pleadings and petitions in accordance with statutory requirements, giving special consideration to the confidential nature of these records.

The Juvenile Department works closely with the Department of Children and Family Services, the Judiciary, State Attorneys, Public Defenders, the Department of Juvenile Justice, Law Enforcement and other agencies in carrying out its mission. The Juvenile Department dockets all cases, attends court hearings, and maintains all of the required court records.

Information may not be given out over the telephone. You must appear in person with proper identification to receive information. The following people are authorized to receive information concerning a case:

  • Parent of child – as long as parental rights are still intact
  • Child
  • Attorney for parent and/or child – after Notice of Appearance is filed with the Clerk
  • Law Enforcement Officer – only as to the offense they were charged or arrested on
  • Counselor with Department of Juvenile Justice or Children and Family Services
  • State Attorney
  • Public Defender
  • Corrections Officer
  • Guardian or legal custodian of child
  • Member of Parole Commission
  • Guardian Ad Litem
  • Assistant Attorney General Attorney
  • Government agencies such as recruiting officers may receive limited information if there is a written consent by the applicant for us to search our records>

To contact the Juvenile Department, call 407-742-3575


Website Builder